Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An ancient roadway along which cattle were driven to market.
- ‘A steady climb takes you along an old drove road known as the Pass of the Cattle, used 300 years ago to drive cattle 30 miles to Braemar.’
- ‘This route follows an ancient drove road up the glen.’
- ‘In addition to parish roads, the Aberdeenshire turnpike roads overlaid two other road formations - drove roads and military roads.’
- ‘Alternatively, you can combine The Fara with an old drove road and a geological oddity to create a half-day wander of delightful contrasts.’
- ‘The drove roads Jock and Fly traveled shunned the towns, crossed high passes, meandered beside still waters, and one flock followed another with no more space between them than prevented intermingling.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips