Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An ordinary exposed thermometer bulb, especially as used in conjunction with a wet bulb.
- ‘At a given temperature, high humidity causes little water evaporation and little cooling of the thermometer; therefore, the wet bulb thermometer reading is similar to that of the dry bulb thermometer.’
- ‘Comfort conditions were calculated from dry bulb, wet bulb and globe temperature measurements as well as wind speed.’
- ‘They calculated a temperature-humidity index that increases as dry bulb temperature and humidity rise.’
- ‘Wet and dry bulb air temperature were logged at 15 second intervals and used to calculate hourly means.’
- ‘As Gene stated, the wet-bulb temperature will be lower than the dry-bulb temperature because of evaporative cooling.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips