Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A well drilled for oil or gas but yielding none.
- ‘This is a Texas oilman who seemed to drill nothing but dry holes.’
- ‘It is very easy to drill dry holes and the only guarantee we have is that we will experience failures.’
- ‘But Shell withdrew from exploration, because for 2 years it had drilled nothing but dry holes.’
- ‘Some newly discovered fields will be gushers and some will be dry holes.’
- ‘You can spend a whole lot of money on exploration and still hit dry holes.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips