Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(of a belief, conclusion, etc.) open to doubt.
arguable, disputable, questionable, open to question, open to debate, subject to debate, controversial, contentious, doubtful, open to doubt, in doubt, dubious, uncertain, unsure, unclear, vague, borderline, inconclusive, moot, unsettled, unresolved, unconfirmed, undetermined, undecided, unknown, up in the air, not yet establishedView synonyms
- ‘But on the other hand if councils choose to use dubitable methods to make money for themselves, no serious investors will be forthcoming.’
- ‘Stories of his greed are dubitable.’
- ‘But this solution has been found dubitable by many commentators.’
- ‘Thus it wasn't long before we began to hear dubitable dons mouth palpable absurdities.’
- ‘Here are no heights of truth overlooking the confused landscape of that dubitable domain.’
Early 17th century from Latin dubitabilis, from dubitare ‘to doubt’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips