Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A soft, turquoise-blue shade.
- ‘The sky above the house is a delicate shade of duck-egg blue, fading to creamy-white on the horizon.’
- ‘Tried and tested combinations are dark laminate granite worktop with wood cabinet doors; a white worktop with doors painted duck-egg blue; and a wooden worktop with high white gloss cabinet doors and chrome fittings.’
- ‘The two colour groupings preferred by parents are pastels such as lavender, mint and duck-egg blue, and primaries such as navy, red, green and yellow.’
- ‘Ben, the tallest man I have ever seen, is wearing the most extraordinary outfit: plus fours and a matching jacket in a tweed of duck-egg blue.’
- ‘The softest cotton summer blankets in popular gelato colours such as pink, duck-egg blue and sage are arriving soon from Spain.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips