Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Denoting a gland that secretes directly into the bloodstream, such as an endocrine gland or a lymph gland.
- ‘Endocrine glands by contrast are ductless, and secrete hormones directly into the bloodstream.’
- ‘These cellular masses, designated as the ductless glands or glands of internal secretion, have during development lost their original connection with the epithelium of the free surface.’
- ‘Today's hype about genetic enhancement, cloning, and stem cells was preceded by a much earlier hype about hormones, secretions, and ductless glands.’
- ‘They also possess ductless endocrine glands that play a critical role in regulating the body metabolism.’
- ‘All the organs of the body, the ductless glands included, are weakened.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips