Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A highly venomous snake found in south-western Australia, similar to the related brown snakes.
Pseudonaja affinis, family Elapidae
- ‘A couple of hours later we saw the culprit by our pond - a 4 ft dugite slithering across the lawn.’
- ‘This includes many populous areas, and dugites are a relatively frequent cause of snakebite in this area.’
- ‘Other examples resembling the general appearance of dugites from the Middleback ranges and environs have been found.’
- ‘Needless to say, we gave the dugite a wide berth.’
- ‘There are several species, the most important medically being the eastern or common brown, the western brown or gwardar and the dugite.’
Late 19th century from Nyungar dukayj.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips