Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A curved side piece of a vehicle chassis, to which the front springs are attached.
- ‘However, the hinges were on the inexpensive, household door variety welded to the dumb irons and radiator cowling.’
- ‘The dumb irons on my car were a bit on the flimsy side, so reinforcement plates were welded prior to drilling.’
- ‘While the dumb irons are in the same spot they are too wide and extend to far forward when fitted to a series chassis.’
- ‘Although it's got the chassis number on the dumb iron, I need the plate for inside the cab.’
- ‘This method does away with the need to drill holes and weld crush tubes in the dumb iron itself, and spreads the steering loads over a much larger area of the chassis rail.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips