Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Relating to or based on the number twelve.
- ‘Sexagesimal, duodenary and decimal systems based on the numbers 60, 12 and 10 are widespread.’
- ‘This calendar system, known in Thai as naksat pi, is based on a duodenary cycle of years, each year being associated with a particular animal.’
- ‘To be noted here is once again the forward shift of one duodenary cycle.’
- ‘In an earlier paper I described my discernment of a duodenary, sequential constellation map or zodiac incised on a stamp-seal from Karanovo, Bulgaria and dated to 4800 BCE.’
- ‘The horse is one of the 12 zodiacal animals of the duodenary cycle of the lunar year (year 2002 is the year of the Horse).’
Mid 19th century from Latin duodenarius ‘containing twelve’, based on duodecim ‘twelve’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips