Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The tough outermost membrane enveloping the brain and spinal cord.
- ‘The dura mater of the spinal cord is separated from the periosteum of the vertebrae by an epidural space.’
- ‘There were prominent bilateral scalp contusions with soft tissue and intramuscular haemorrhage, symmetrical parietal skull fractures with coronal sutural diastasis, and a lacerated dura mater with extrusion of brain and blood.’
- ‘We report a case of prominent pigment deposition in the dura mater of the brain.’
- ‘Brain shift occurs when the dura is opened, cerebrospinal fluid leaks out, and the brain either shrinks or swells.’
- ‘The brain showed extensive postsurgical changes, including a small occipital subdural hematoma, sutures within the dura, and a ventriculostomy tract in each frontal lobe.’
Late 19th century short for dura mater.
variant spelling of durra
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips