Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Powder for dusting over something, in particular talcum powder.
- ‘This shimmery dusting powder is lightly scented with vetivert oil, which is native to south-east Asia.’
- ‘As I cycled closer into the valley, tiny pink wildflowers covered the ground like spilled dusting powder.’
- ‘Sometimes you get to use dusting powder to lift a fingerprint or take a cast of a shoe print and then search for a match or compare it to other prints, but your involvement with the evidence is fairly limited.’
- ‘Under these conditions the feet should not be washed but should be kept dry by the use of some dusting powder.’
- ‘When you are finished, you'll find some dusting powder on the vanity.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips