Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A celestial body resembling a small planet but lacking certain technical criteria that are required for it to be classed as such.
- ‘In 2006 Pluto was officially downgraded from planet to dwarf planet, causing much controversy in astronomical circles.’
- ‘A paper in the journal Science has further relegated poor Pluto's status by proving that twin dwarf planet Eris is 27 per cent larger.’
- ‘Ceres and Xena will also be considered dwarf planets.’
- ‘"If you look to the left ladies and gentlemen you will get a perfect view of the dwarf planet Eris."’
- ‘After being downgraded from a planet to a dwarf planet last year, it now transpires it is not even the biggest of those.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips