Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Difficult or painful sexual intercourse.
- ‘Inflammatory bowel disease and irritable bowel syndrome may cause dyspareunia, but they are more often associated with other diagnoses of chronic pelvic pain.’
- ‘More than 40 percent of patients with colostomy report sexual problems such as dyspareunia or erectile dysfunction.’
- ‘The earliest manifestations of dyspareunia occur with sexual contact, but the symptoms then increase to the point that the pain interferes with nonsexual activities.’
- ‘Women were significantly more likely to receive diagnoses of lack or loss of sexual desire and dyspareunia than were men.’
- ‘In one study, 74 percent of patients who underwent surgery for gynecologic malignancy reported decreased desire, and 40 percent reported dyspareunia.’
Late 19th century from dys-‘difficult’ + Greek pareunos ‘lying with’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips