Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A state of abnormal muscle tone resulting in muscular spasm and abnormal posture, typically due to neurological disease or a side effect of drug therapy.
- ‘Within months the neurological disorder focal dystonia took full hold, leaving his hand permanently clenched and unusable.’
- ‘A diagnosis of focal dystonia was made, and injections of botulinum toxin were offered.’
- ‘Writer's cramp is the commonest form of focal hand dystonia and is thought to be due to basal ganglia dysfunction.’
- ‘Those who tend to hyperextend the neck due to chorea or dystonia should be encouraged and reminded to use a ‘chin-tuck’ position.’
- ‘Muscle spasms also will be common in conjunction with moderate to severe muscle weakness, tremor, and/or dystonia.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips