1"€"Euro or euros.
The transcendental number that is the base of Napierian or natural logarithms, approximately equal to 2.71828.
1The fifth letter of the alphabet.
- 1.1Denoting the fifth in a set of items, categories, sizes, etc.
- 1.2The fifth-highest class of academic mark.‘in O level about half of those entered obtained D or E grades’
- 1.3"e"Chess Denoting the fifth file from the left, as viewed from White's side of the board.
- 1.4Denoting the lowest-earning socio-economic category for marketing purposes.
2"E"A shape like that of a capital E.in combination ‘an E-shaped stately home’
The third note of the diatonic scale of C major.
- 3.1A key based on a scale with E as its keynote.
1East or Eastern.‘139° E’
2informal The drug Ecstasy or a tablet of Ecstasy.‘people have died after taking E’‘being busted with three Es can lead to stiff penalties’
3in combination Denoting products, in particular food additives, which comply with EU regulations.‘the yellow colouring tartrazine (E 102)’See also E-number
4in combination (in units of measurement) exa- (10¹⁸).
5Spain (international vehicle registration).
1Electric field strength.
3Energy.‘E = mc²’
- the three Es
Economy, efficiency, and effectiveness.‘the research unit examines the effect of the three Es in the provision of social services’