Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A run scored without the aid of errors by the team in the field (i.e. by hits, walks, and outs that advance base runners).
- ‘Personally, I tend to favor pitchers who throw more innings with fewer hits, earned runs, and home runs allowed while also striking out more batters.’
- ‘In a strange twist, Morris, who had pitched so brilliantly the year before, was roughed up for ten earned runs in 10.2 innings while pitching for Toronto.’
- ‘In his fourth start of the season last night, Weaver pitched five innings with no earned runs, allowing two hits and no walks against seven strikeouts.’
- ‘The A's had nine hits off the 20-year-old in only three innings, as Kazmir allowed five earned runs while striking out only two.’
- ‘He began the season with a twelve strikeout masterpiece, and only allowed four earned runs in his first four starts, spanning 27.1 innings.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips