Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A radio station located on the earth and used for relaying signals from satellites.
- ‘Although this proved to be a challenge, we eventually were able to get a very small aperture terminal, which is a small earth station for satellite transmission.’
- ‘The two said that Telecel Zambia has since 1998 been pressing for authority to install its own earth station to enhance the delivery system via satellite.’
- ‘A standard international earth station and an international switching centre make for clear connections and direct dialling facilities to more than 228 countries.’
- ‘The Globalstar satellites have been in operation since October 1999, providing global voice and data communications to portable, mobile and fixed satellite earth stations.’
- ‘It's why they're sowing their systems with digital set-top boxes and high-speed modems, as they did two and three decades ago with new amplifiers, earth stations and converters.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips