Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Relating to or denoting multicellular glands which do not lose cytoplasm in their secretions, especially the sweat glands.
- ‘A newly described variant of superficial lipoma, adenolipoma, is characterized by the presence of eccrine sweat glands in the fatty tumor; this type is often located on the proximal parts of the limbs.’
- ‘Palmoplantar hyperhidrosis is a common condition in which the eccrine glands of the palms and soles secrete inappropriately large quantities of sweat.’
- ‘The sweat from the apocrine glands is thicker than that produced by the eccrine glands.’
- ‘Histologically, they have a central plate composed of immature elastic cartilage and are surrounded by adipose tissue, hair follicles, pilosebaceous units, and eccrine glands.’
- ‘Physiological sweating from cutaneous eccrine glands maintains normothermia and skin hydration.’
1930s from Greek ekkrinein ‘secrete’, from ek- ‘out’ + krinein ‘sift, separate’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips