Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A test of the action of the heart using ultrasound waves to produce a visual display, for the diagnosis or monitoring of heart disease.
- ‘Your child's cardiologist may use tools like X-rays, electrocardiograms, or echocardiograms to monitor the defect and the effects of treatment.’
- ‘He had had a coronary angiogram and many echocardiograms and electrocardiograms at various cardiac centres.’
- ‘Because of its risks, angiography often is done only after certain other heart tests have been performed, such as an electrocardiogram, an echocardiogram or a stress test.’
- ‘If a physician suspects hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, an echocardiogram confirms the diagnosis.’
- ‘You'll need several pre-surgery tests, often including chest X-rays, blood tests, an electrocardiogram and an echocardiogram.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips