Basic Guidelines For Writing In SpanishREAD THIS ARTICLE
(of an insect) emerge as an adult from the pupa or as a larva from the egg.‘some larvae pupated and eclosed substantially earlier than average’
- ‘Adult wasps eclosed within 1-3 days after arrival and were tested at ages of 5-11 days.’
- ‘Approximately 10-12 hr later, the two sides reappose and remain attached until the adult fly ecloses from the pupal case.’
- ‘These ‘large larvae’ wander for an extended period before death, although rare escapers can progress to giant pupae that fail to eclose as adults.’
- ‘Almost all of the rescued pupae eclose as adults and no aberrant pharate head structures are found.’
- ‘Older members of late summer populations are expected to have eclosed as relatively smaller adults because they developed under warmer temperatures and longer days during late spring/early summer.’
Late 19th century (as eclosion): from French éclore ‘to hatch’, based on Latin ex- ‘out’ + claudere ‘to close’.