Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Deep-vein thrombosis said to be caused by periods of prolonged immobility on long-haul flights.
- ‘I've heard deep vein thrombosis referred to as economy-class syndrome because of the cramped seating on airplanes.’
- ‘By the way, on long flights, people can end up with economy-class syndrome even when traveling in expensive first-class seats.’
- ‘The machine can also be placed under an office worker's desk and, when used for 20 minutes at a time, can help prevent cramps and deep vein thrombosis, also known as economy-class syndrome.’
- ‘There was an outbreak of economy-class syndrome after a passenger on a flight from Australia died of deep vein thrombosis.’
- ‘For a decade or more we have wasted far too much time and energy dwelling on relatively trivial fears, whether about the chemicals in our coffee or economy-class syndrome.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips