What Is The Origin Of "Sleep Tight"?
A pregnancy in which the fetus develops outside the uterus, typically in a fallopian tube.‘one in every 100 women run the risk of an ectopic pregnancy’mass noun ‘the dangers of ectopic pregnancy’
- ‘However, they are not very effective at preventing ectopic pregnancies which develop outside the uterine cavity.’
- ‘Anyone who can get pregnant can have an ectopic pregnancy.’
- ‘This is because overall the risk of pregnancy in these situations is low, but if pregnancy does occur an ectopic pregnancy is more likely.’
- ‘Over 95% of ectopic pregnancies occur in a fallopian tube (the tubes connecting the ovaries to the womb).’
- ‘Currently there is enough evidence in favour of the efficacy of methotrexate in the treatment of ectopic pregnancy, and about 45% of all ectopic pregnancies can be managed with methotrexate.’