Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A handworked or machine-operated cutting tool.
- ‘By the late eighteenth century Sheffield was also well on its way to becoming one of the world's major centers of edge tool production.’
- ‘Water channelled from them would supply a mill pond that was used to drive a water wheel which, in turn, powered machinery to produce a variety of consumer goods including edge tools and cutlery.’
- ‘These versatile rural blacksmiths were called on to fashion or repair edge tools, augers, scythes, plows, shovels, railings, pots, pans, cutlery, kitchen utensils, and building and furniture hardware.’
- ‘‘Don't trust children with edge tools,’ he wrote.’
- ‘It was one of the leading centers of English tool manufacture during the second half of the eighteenth century, when Sheffield was just beginning to emerge as the major producer of edge tools.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips