Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The temperature of an object calculated from the radiation it emits, assuming black-body behaviour.
- ‘But far from agreeing, the team commented, ‘In fact the effective temperature of a black hole is absolute zero… No radiation could be emitted from the hole.’’
- ‘We estimated the corrected effective temperature and wet-bulb globe temperature from these measurements.’
- ‘But the effective temperature of the system is the kinetic temperature of random motions of the grains.’
- ‘The temperature of brown dwarfs is generally a few hundred degrees cooler than the effective temperature of a star.’
- ‘The effective temperature in the ring is higher than in the sun.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips