Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A device for timing the cooking of a boiled egg, traditionally a sealed glass container with a narrow neck in the middle through which, when the flask is inverted, sand flows for a fixed amount of time.
- ‘If you are spending a disproportionate amount of time on the telephone, you might consider the use of an egg timer, or some other device, to limit your calls.’
- ‘He would use an egg timer at meal times, threatening to hit the children if they did not eat up in time.’
- ‘However, my mother was ecstatic about her egg timer.’
- ‘You can also use an egg timer to remind you to turn off the water.’
- ‘She had the uncanny ability to turn things around in a flash - as if she was flipping over an egg timer.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips