Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A pancreatic enzyme which digests elastin.
- ‘In a related experiment, articular cartilage was incubated for two days with the enzyme elastase, which specifically digests the collagen fibers.’
- ‘Big, long, expensive programs against enzymes like elastase and thrombin went on year after year, but no one could get the things to quite work well enough.’
- ‘Additional indentation tests were performed at the nanometer and micrometer scales on native articular cartilage to study the effects of the enzymes cathepsin D and elastase.’
- ‘These implicate the proteolytic enzyme elastase and cell surface adhesion molecules, and provide a basis for the investigation of potential novel therapies.’
- ‘A variety of white blood cells called neutrophils contain elastase, an enzyme that can digest elastin.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips