Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A protein forming the main constituent of elastic connective tissue, found especially in the dermis of the skin.
- ‘Molecular chromophores besides melanin abound in the skin and include keratin, collagen, elastin, proteins, lipids, steroids and urocanic acid to name a few.’
- ‘The proteins (collagen and elastin fibrils) are the base of the interstitial matrix.’
- ‘Protein is crucial for the production of collagen and elastin, the protein fibres that keep skin supple and elastic’
- ‘Designed silk-like materials have been made in this way, as well as protein-related synthetic materials similar to collagen and elastin, an elastic protein in skin.’
- ‘The dermis also helps regulate collagen and elastin, protein fibers that keep skin soft, and help it to adjust its size to accommodate your growing body.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips