Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The range of wavelengths or frequencies over which electromagnetic radiation extends.
- ‘The frequency range of the electromagnetic spectrum that is visible to the human eye (and which we refer to as ‘color’) is a very small region in the entire range of photon energies we have observed in nature.’
- ‘The terahertz region lies between electronic and optical wave frequencies in the electromagnetic spectrum, and ranges from 100 GHz to 10 THz in frequency.’
- ‘The radio frequency electromagnetic spectrum is more important to the Department of the Navy today than it has ever been in the more than 100-year history of radio.’
- ‘The electromagnetic spectrum is composed of a range of radiation frequencies from radio waves to X-ray and gamma waves.’
- ‘The electromagnetic spectrum has no theoretical limit at either end.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips