Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A microscope with high magnification and resolution, employing electron beams in place of light and using electron lenses.
- ‘Designed much like a compound microscope, the electron microscope uses a beam of electrons focused through magnetic lenses.’
- ‘These were the early days of the electron microscope and physicists were keen to exploit the very short de Broglie wavelength of electrons to study objects that were too small to be studied with visible light.’
- ‘With the inventions of the electron microscope and the field ion microscope, scientists have been able to observe the microcosm as never before.’
- ‘Sure enough, when they rinsed and dried the crystals, an electron microscope revealed that the particles had fallen neatly into most of the holes.’
- ‘Fortunately, the electron microscope can magnify even these tiny microbes enough to distinguish their physical features.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips