Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
nounmass nounPhysics Chemistry
The movement of charged particles in a fluid or gel under the influence of an electric field.
- ‘The first was protein analysis using sodium dodecyl sulphate polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis.’
- ‘Proteins were separated by sodium dodecyl sulphate/polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis as described previously.’
- ‘The purity of enzyme preparations was analysed by gel electrophoresis and spectral analysis.’
- ‘They separated the DNA out of the blood and analyzed it with conformational gel electrophoresis.’
- ‘The results of liver tests were normal, as were those of a chemistry panel and hemoglobin electrophoresis.’
Early 20th century from electro- + Greek phorēsis ‘being carried’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips