Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The movable part of the trailing edge of a delta wing.
- ‘The F - 117A has four elevons on the inboard and outboard trailing edge of the wing.’
- ‘A large elevon is clearly visible at the mid-section of each trailing edge.’
- ‘At 13.5 seconds after release and at an altitude of approximately 22,000 ft., structural overload of the starboard elevon occurred.’
- ‘In supersonic flight, moving the elevons alone doesn't provide enough control; in those conditions, Melvill said, ‘you can no longer move the stick, it's like it's welded to the airplane.’’
- ‘The actuators move the vehicle's rudder, speed brake, elevons and main engines during flight.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips