Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A brick made of semi-vitreous material, which is strong and impervious to water or frost.
- ‘He discovers that a particular wall is not made of soft building block but hard engineering brick - this house is well built.’
- ‘In the middle, he was allowed to do much as he liked, so he made a ground floor of blue engineering brick, which contains a little gallery (though it could become another studio).’
- ‘These clay engineering bricks are red in colour, durable and strong.’
- ‘Two courses of engineering bricks are laid and, because of their very low water absorption capability, they prevent the upward migration of groundwater.’
- ‘Engineering bricks are classified only by their compressive strength and water absorption.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips