Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The study of wines.
- ‘She had a greater passion for the Pinot Noir her parents were making and set out to study enology in Beaune, France, for the edge of respect that a second-generation winemaker here might need.’
- ‘Early on, Shari went back to school to study viticulture and enology at the University of California, Davis.’
- ‘There's a practical, workhorse ethic about the school's enology and viticulture programs, where students learn winemaking on a commercial scale.’
- ‘Crack open a bottle of wine and read along as he schools you in the ways of enology.’
- ‘‘The flower and composition of wine grapes is such a subtle thing,’ said Carole Meredith, a professor of viticulture and enology at the University of California at Davis.’
Early 19th century from Greek oinos ‘wine’+ -logy.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips