Involving or passing through the intestine, either naturally via the mouth and oesophagus, or through an artificial opening.
- ‘If surgery cannot safely be postponed, parenteral or enteral hyperalimentation should be started.’
- ‘Forty patients will be randomly assigned to either standard enteral nutrition or standard enteral nutrition containing a probiotic.’
- ‘Commonly, these infants need supplemental oxygen treatment for mild respiratory distress syndrome or parenteral nutrition until enteral feeds are established.’
- ‘This may range from nil by mouth with total enteral support to full oral route or a balance of the two.’
- ‘However, enteral feeding is withheld during monitoring with gastric tonometry because enteral feeding is thought to influence tonometric measurements.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips