Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A disease of the intestine, especially the small intestine.
- ‘Also known as celiac sprue, nontropical sprue and gluten-sensitive enteropathy, celiac disease occurs in people who have a susceptibility to gluten intolerance.’
- ‘When the diagnosis of gluten-sensitive enteropathy is suspected, serologic tests can identify many affected patients.’
- ‘To determine the cause of enteropathy, biopsies of the gastrointestinal tract were performed.’
- ‘In my own practice, I have several patients who have been harmed significantly by treatment for hepatitis C, with outcomes such as chronic sprue-like enteropathy, myopathy, and depression.’
- ‘Failure to improve while on a gluten-free diet should increase suspicion for other causes of small bowel enteropathy or may indicate noncompliance with the strict diet, which for most patients is difficult to follow.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips