Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(of a plant or flower) pollinated by insects.
- ‘Two forms of pollen viability are apparent in entomophilous species.’
- ‘Thus, the aim of this paper is to describe, for the first time, the secretion and chemical composition of nectar in a presumed entomophilous species of Maxillaria and to compare this with data previously obtained for M. coccinea.’
- ‘It has been described as a predominantly entomophilous species.’
- ‘Orchids are generally entomophilous and rarely ornithophilous.’
- ‘A similar pattern can be observed in Sorbus aucuparia, another entomophilous tree species, where a recent colonization of a plateau in Belgium yielded only a small loss of genetic diversity.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips