Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(in the UK) an area officially designated as containing landscapes or wildlife that would be threatened by unrestricted development.
- ‘As a result every acre on the farm, that supports not only prize-winning Swaledales, but also about 35 suckler cows, is either in an Environmentally Sensitive Area or is managed through Defra's Countryside Stewardship scheme.’
- ‘The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs says the establishment of an Environmentally Sensitive Area on the marshes in 1993 has safeguarded wildlife.’
- ‘The 36-acre field was already under protection as an Environmentally Sensitive Area and it was difficult for him to keep the grass cut to the designated height.’
- ‘The Environmentally Sensitive Areas scheme introduced in 1987 aims to provide broader habitat protection within designated areas.’
- ‘The moor forms part of a Site of Special Scientific Interest and an international Special Protection Area, in addition to being part of the North Peak Environmentally Sensitive Area.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips