Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A red fluorescent dye that is a bromine derivative of fluorescein, or one of its salts or other derivatives.
- ‘The sections were then counterstained in eosin, dehydrated, cleared, and mounted with glass coverslips.’
- ‘The sections were counterstained with hematoxylin and eosin.’
- ‘Eosin Y is an anionic or acid dye in spite of the fact that a solution of the sodium salt of eosin is basic in reaction.’
- ‘The granules stain with the dye eosin; hence, the name eosinophil, which means ‘eosin-loving.’’
- ‘All sections were stained with hematoxylin and eosin for qualitative assessment of cellular response to the allograft and microscopic evaluation of the graft-tunnel interface.’
Late 19th century from Greek ēōs ‘dawn’ + -in.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips