Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(of a cell or its contents) readily stained by eosin.
- ‘These ducts were lined either by cylindrical eosinophilic cells or by clear mucinous cells.’
- ‘The nuclei were surrounded by a rim of deeply eosinophilic cytoplasm.’
- ‘There was a moderate amount of lightly eosinophilic cytoplasm, and cytoplasmic borders were ill-defined.’
- ‘Case 49 showed ductal structures mixed with islands of cells with brightly eosinophilic, granular cytoplasm.’
- ‘The nuclei were large and vesicular, with irregular nuclear contour and prominent eosinophilic nucleoli.’
Relating to or marked by eosinophilia.
- ‘The radiologic differential diagnosis included eosinophilic granuloma, hemangioma, and epidermoid tumor.’
- ‘The walls of digestive organs swelled and food became stalled in the stomach; both of these findings are characteristic of human eosinophilic gastrointestinal inflammation.’
- ‘In our view this provides further evidence that eosinophilic airway inflammation and airway hyperresponsiveness are not causally associated.’
- ‘Eosinophilic bronchitis, however, differs from asthma in several important ways.’
- ‘The distribution of these patchy infiltrates can be peripheral, resembling chronic eosinophilic pneumonia.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips