Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The thin membrane of glial cells lining the ventricles of the brain and the central canal of the spinal cord.
- ‘These include the respiratory epithelium of the airways (respiratory cilia), the embryonic node (primary cilia), and the ependyma of the brain ventricles (ependymal cilia).’
- ‘Supporting cells of the nervous system include the capsule or satellite cells of peripheral ganglia, ependyma, neuroglia, and Schwann cells.’
- ‘The most cogent theory that supports the occasional finding of subcutaneous islands of ependyma in the postcoccygeal region in infants is that these lesions originate from extramedullary ependymal rests.’
- ‘The adjacent cerebral parenchyma and overlying ependyma revealed no discrete inflammation or vasculitis.’
- ‘After the ependyma covering its ventricular surface is stripped away, the elongated caudate nucleus is exposed.’
Late 19th century from Greek ependuma, from ependuein ‘put on over’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips