Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A mitogenic protein thought to be involved in such physical processes as normal cell growth, wound healing, and the formation of tumors.
- ‘These include fibroblast growth factor, epidermal growth factor, and platelet-derived angiogenesis factor.’
- ‘Researchers have found a new signaling component that influences movement of human breast cancer cells toward epidermal growth factor.’
- ‘The pathway is activated by a protein ligand such as epidermal growth factor.’
- ‘Growth factors, such as epidermal growth factor and tumor necrosis factor, are found in significant quantities in partial-thickness donor sites.’
- ‘Many cancer cells have a protein, known as epidermal growth factor receptor, all over their surface, while healthy cells typically do not express the protein as strongly.’
First observed in 1959.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips