Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A creeping plant of a genus which includes barrenwort.
Genus Epimedium, family Berberidaceae
- ‘Cut away the old foliage of Lenten lilies and epimediums so that you can see the flowers properly before the new leaves are produced.’
- ‘Good companion plants include heuchera, heucherella, tiarella, epimedium, and pulmonaria.’
- ‘Pretty geraniums and epimediums provide ground cover and the outer path is sheltered with a seven-metre tall pergola.’
- ‘The contrast of their foliage with that of ferns, astilbe, solomon seal and epimedium further enhances the woodland surroundings.’
- ‘For specific cortisol control, the most effective supplements include a variety of plant extracts, such as magnolia bark, epimedium, theanine, beta-sitosterol and phosphatidylserine.’
Modern Latin, from Greek epimēdion.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips