Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
The interaction of genes that are not alleles, in particular the suppression of the effect of one such gene by another.
- ‘Genetic epistasis of gene expression can also be considered with large sample sizes.’
- ‘For geneticists, epistasis is associated with the limits of the additive model of gene action.’
- ‘These results suggest that future genetic models for the evolution of aging should incorporate the effects of epistasis.’
- ‘Neither earlier study was able to demonstrate a significant effect of epistasis, either positive or negative.’
- ‘This advantage of sex should be especially substantial when mutations interact through negative epistasis.’
Early 19th century from Greek, literally ‘stoppage’, from ephistanai ‘to stop’.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips