Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An equation showing the relationship between the values of the pressure, volume, and temperature of a quantity of a particular substance.
- ‘The equation of state is the relationship between pressure and density in the stuff.’
- ‘This new quantity is similar to the equation of state for a gas.’
- ‘An equation of state would tell, for example, the pressure given the temperature and density.’
- ‘However, the equation of state for hydrogen at high pressures, how it behaves, is not well understood.’
- ‘The mass-to - radius ratio, in turn, determines the density and nature of the star's internal matter, called the equation of state.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips