Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
An equation involving only the first derivative, second derivative, etc.
- ‘His doctoral dissertation was on the theory of the propeller which led to his developing a theory of partial differential equations of the second order.’
- ‘This integral was introduced in a paper on differential equations of the second order which he wrote in 1870.’
- ‘Special attention should be drawn also to his little known pamphlet on regular point of linear differential equations of the second order used for a number of years in connection with one of his courses of lectures.’
- ‘He did this by using an indeterminate equation of the second order, Nx 2 + 1 = y 2, where N is the number whose square root is to be calculated.’
- ‘He began mathematical research while still an undergraduate and his first paper, On the isoclinal lines of a differential equation of the first order was published in the Proceedings of The Royal Society of Edinburgh in 1903.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips