Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
(of a surface or line) composed of points all at the same potential.
- ‘The Mandelbrot set is beautiful even if it is the monochromatic blot in the middle of the colorful depiction of equipotential lines.’
- ‘In fact Pontryagin used ideas introduced by Morse on equipotential surfaces.’
- ‘The geoid is defined as a gravitational equipotential surface that coincides with mean sea level.’
- ‘Consequently, FDPB calculations predict that the positive equipotential contour of membrane-adsorbed Lys - 13 is significantly larger than that of membrane-adsorbed FA-MARCKS, which consists of 25 amino acid residues.’
An equipotential line or surface.
- ‘This is the mean sea-level surface, and is also clearly a gravitational equipotential.’
- ‘The curve is intended to fall along the equipotential between, as well as at,the specific points marked off, so the points should not be connected by straight line segments.’
- ‘The equipotential is then formed by the dipole curve 1).’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips