Basic Guidelines For Writing In SpanishREAD THIS ARTICLE
nounerfs, ervenSouth African
A plot of land.
piece of ground, patch, area, location, parcel, tract, allotment, acreage
- ‘Plots and erven are in demand and the budget for the fiscal year of 2002/2003 provides that more than 300 residential plots be planned and proclaimed in the town.’
- ‘In Namibia reckless individuals occupy erven in residential areas in cities, towns and villages to conduct their unwanted business.’
- ‘This is one of three erven in that area that are considered suitable for township development, and therefore very valuable.’
- ‘The price of waste removal ranges from R21,60 for an erf of 300m², to R70,65 for an erf larger than 2 000m².’
- ‘He explained that if a property lies within a business or residential area it does not mean an erf in that zone is zoned as such, nor does it mean that it can be zoned accordingly.’
Dutch, originally in the sense ‘inheritance’.