Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A conical flat-bottomed laboratory flask with a narrow neck.
- ‘Wheat leaf segments floating on nutrient solution were incubated in Erlenmeyer flasks in permanent light.’
- ‘Five-day-old seedlings were transferred to rubber stoppers that were mounted on 1 - L Erlenmeyer flasks, one seedling per flask.’
- ‘These solid-solution mixtures were placed in 250-ml Erlenmeyer flasks and agitated in an isothermal shaker at constant temperature of for 24 hr.’
- ‘The discs were briefly rinsed with sterile water to remove the intercellular material and incubated in 250 ml sterilized Erlenmeyer flasks containing 50 ml of sodium phosphate buffer.’
- ‘A small Erlenmeyer flask was charged with 5 ml of the aqueous gelatin along with 3 ml of the o-phthalaldehyde stock solution.’
- ‘Cultures were initiated using 1-2 mm internode sections and 10 ml of medium in sterile 50 ml Erlenmeyer flasks.’
- ‘Culture volume was 10 ml, in nonshaking 18 x 150-mm glass tubes or shaking 50-ml Erlenmeyer flasks.’
- ‘Tap water was used to fill two identical, scrupulously cleaned Pyrex 2 liter Erlenmeyer flasks.’
- ‘The Erlenmeyer flasks were shaken gently during the entire 24 h period to avoid oxygen depletion in the solution.’
- ‘Water entered the probe through the perforations and was pumped into a 500 ml polycarbonate Erlenmeyer flask.’
Late 19th century named after Emil Erlenmeyer (1825–1909), German chemist.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips