Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
Sexual desire or excitement; eroticism.
- ‘That might be one of the differences between erotism and pornography, erotism shows the minimum for stimulation of imagination, while pornography shows everything, in excess.’
- ‘As such they can be seen as the church reclaiming the broader social memory of dance's image from the amnesia of an exclusive association with courtship erotism or parades of arms.’
- ‘We establish a space ‘between the oral erotism and the true object-relationship’.’
- ‘Let's take a look at a collection of pictures that shows how marketers use sex and erotism in advertising.’
- ‘Anal-erotism and urethral erotism both belong undoubtedly to the same period of development.’
Mid 19th century from Greek erōs, erōt- ‘sexual love’ + -ism.
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips