Basic Guidelines For English SpellingsREAD THESE ARTICLES
A major estrogen produced in the ovaries.
- ‘There were increases in blood levels of the estrogens, estradiol and estrone, and a reduction of the protective HDL cholesterol.’
- ‘Natural estrogen can also easily be divided into the three types of estrogen: estradiol, estrone, and estriol.’
- ‘Steroid hormones such as progesterone, testosterone, and estradiol are derived from cholesterol, a major constituent of biomembranes.’
- ‘The primary estrogen secreted by the ovary is estradiol, whereas that of the placenta is estriol.’
- ‘Even though the ovaries cease producing estradiol, estriol continues to be made by the adrenal glands and in fat cells.’
Are You Learning English? Here Are Our Top English Tips